FAQ’s have been compiled to help with some common questions and concerns about online registration and the EHSC program.
FAQ - Online Registration
What is required to register online?
To make online registration as easy as possible, you should have the following information ready:
- Contact Information - For both parents and emergency contacts (please include your email address to receive broadcast emails)
- Uniform Size - You will be required to select your child’s Shirt and Shorts Sizes. Guidelines for sizing are available via the web. Additionally, uniform samples for all sizes will be available at the Lurker Park Rec Center during our registration forums
- Medical Insurance Company & Policy # - All participants in East Hanover Recreation programs are required to be covered by a primary insurance policy provided by their family.
- Optional Apparel and Merchandise - You will have the option to purchase the limited EHSC apparel and other merchandise during the registration process. More detailed information on this merchandise will be outlined in a separate article on our website.
- Credit Card - VISA or MasterCard. This is a secure website and poses no additional risk of credit card or identity theft. Processing is handled by Chase.
Why is there a closing date for online Registration?
In order to have properly organize coaches, players, drafts, sponsors and uniform orders, it is necessary to close our registration process no later than July 1. You can still register after July 1, but your child will NOT be placed on a team until August 31st and they may not have a uniform at the start of the season.
What equipment must I purchase for my child to participate in EH Rec Soccer?
Each child must bring the following equipment to each practice and game:
- Shin Guards - Protects shins from accidental kicks.
- Soccer Cleats - Soccer cleats do NOT have a cleat in the center toe area like baseball or football cleats do. Players will not be permitted to practice or play with improper cleats as it represents a dangerous condition for the other players. For Kindersoccer players, sneakers are allowed but not recommended.
- Ball - Each player must bring their own soccer ball to practices and games. Balls must be the correct size based on division
- Size 3 - For grades Kinder through Grade 1.
- Size 4 - For grades 2 - 5
- Size 5 - For Grades 6 - 8
- Water Bottle - Each player is expected to bring a water bottle for both practices and games. (There are no concession stands or fountains at the fields). Remember - keeping our kids hydrated during active sessions is the most important safety concern for recreation programs !
How do I pay for Online Registration?
Online payment via VISA / Mastercard is the preferred method of payment. Online credit card payments are performed through a secure web transaction and processed through Chase Services.
Credit Card or Check payment issues will prevent your child from being drafted during the coaches draft night. (players will be randomly assigned to teams, if slots are available, as soon as a payment issue is resolved)
Can I make special requests regarding coaches or players ?
Unfortunately, no. The logistics of handling special requests in a program of 600 players and 100+ volunteer coaches is not feasible at this time.
A blind draft system has been instituted to insure parity across teams within a division.
The only exceptions are:
- Sponsors requesting to sponsor the team their child or a specific child is placed with will be honored on a first-come, first serve basis. The sponsor should note the player on the sponsor form when submitted.
- Volunteer coaches will be assigned to their child’s teams.
When will I be contacted by my child’s coach?
You can expect to be contacted by your child’s coach by the end of 3rd week of August. If you do not receive a phone call or e-mail please contact the East Hanover Rec Department. Please have patience as this is an all volunteer organization and many of our volunteers are away on well deserved vacations in August.
What does my registration fee cover?
Your registration fee covers the following:
- Soccer uniform for each player. Shirt / Shorts / Socks
- Referee fees
- For Kinder and Grade 1 - Professional Training on basic skills
- Equipment (Game balls, medical kits, nets, paint, flags, etc.
- End of Season Banquet
- $9.00 New Jersey Youth Soccer Per Player Fee
Is there any time limit for registering?
Online registration period for Fall 2016 will be May 4 through July 1.
How do I sign up to be a coach in the EHSC?
Help us help your kids! On the registration form there is a box that you may check if you want to volunteer with EHSC. Key positions needed are Head Coaches, Asst Coaches as well Division Directors. Please note, there is a drop-down box which asks if you have a coaching license so that we can collect this important data for our Travel program. A Coaching License is NOT REQUIRED for recreation soccer. We will have a hands-on coaching clinic run by professional soccer trainers to orient you to the sport and age groups.
Is there any special qualifications needed to coach in the EHSC?
Background Check - East Hanover Recreation Dept requires that all coaches have a background check performed. Please contact ther rec center for background check dates and times.
Rutgers Safety Clinic - All coaches must have attended the Rutgers Safety Clinic (3 hours) at least once in 5 years. Please check our coach’s corner page for a link to the Rutgers Schedule, additionally you can call the Rec Center for other dates not listed on the Rutgers site.
I don’t have a child in the program can I be a member? - Please use the registration website and pick "Soccer Member Only - Non-Playing" as the program you register for. There is no fee at this time. You must be 18 years or older as of May of the current year.(Last Day of Open Registration for current year).